Simple syrup is not only easy to make but it’s also more flavorful and healthier when made from scratch. This recipe will teach you how to infuse your favorite cannabis strain into a potent syrup that can be used as a drink mixture or a sweet addition to your favorite foods. Be sure to refrigerate the syrup in an airtight jar or container for up to three weeks.
Ingredients to make cannabis simple syrup
3.5 grams Preferred Cannabis Strain
1-⅓ cup Honey
1 tbsp MCT Coconut Oil
¼ cup Hot Water
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees.
- Measure out 3.5 grams of your preferred cannabis.
- Add cannabis to a mason jar and close the lid.
- Insert the jar into the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the jar from the oven and set aside.
- Mix the honey, MCT coconut oil and cannabis together in a large Pyrex measuring cup or mason jar.
- Fill a medium to large saucepan halfway with water and place the measuring cup or covered mason jar into the water.
- Infuse the cannabis using a sous vide or stovetop method for 2 hours.
- Remove the measuring cup or mason jar (and lid) from water.
- Place a cheesecloth over the top of the measuring cup or lid of the mason jar (screw the outer band lid back over the cheesecloth).
- Tilt the covered measuring cup or mason jar upside down over a large measuring cup or mixing bowl and filter the honey from the cannabis. This should produce 1 cup of honey.
- Mix honey with hot water using a spoon until syrup thins.
- Pour syrup into a swing bottle or preferred air tight container.
- Refrigerate the bottle or container of syrup until ready for use.
INFUSION SOUS VIDE METHOD:
- Set the sous vide tool temperature to 100 degrees.
- Fill a medium to large pot with water.
- Insert sous vide tool and bring the temperature of the water to 100 degrees.
- Add mason jar to the pot once the water has reached 100 degrees and simmer for a minimum of 2 hours.
INFUSION STOVE TOP METHOD:
- Fill a medium to large pot with water and heat on low.
- Bring the water to a simmer and add mason jar to pot, simmer for 2 hours.
Meet the Author
Ahleaf was created to educate people on the benefits of cooking with cannabis and help make cannabis legal globally through education.Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!