What’s Kief And How to Cook With It?
Are you looking to ‘one up’ your cannabis game? Kief is a versatile component of cannabis that most experienced users covet. It is awesome in many ways, and the extra potency packs a powerful punch. Check out the information below and learn about kief and what it’s used for. You might never turn back!
What is Kief?
Kief is a concentrated form of cannabis which are also known as trichomes, which are broken off during the grinding process.
How do I collect kief?
Kief is accumulated in the bottom chamber of a grinder. As the grinder breaks up the flower, the trichomes fall through the mesh screen into the bottom chamber.
What is the best way to collect kief?
You will need to purchase a four or five-piece metal grinder with a kief catcher. A plastic grinder won’t suffice as it is not strong enough to break off the trichomes from the flower.
Do I need to decarb kief before making edibles?
Yes, you must heat the kief to activate THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids.
Does kief get you higher than flower?
Yes, kief is stronger than flower as it is a concentrate which signifies that it is more potent than flower.
What can I use kief for?
You can add kief to a bowl, a joint, and a vape. You can also cook with kief. The most common kief recipes are canna oil and cannabutter.
Prepare Kief infused oil
Below is a simple and great recipe for kief-infused oil. Every 420 baker or cook should have this kief oil in their kitchen pantry.
- Place the kief in a mason jar with a lid.
- Preheat the oven to 250
- Place the mason jar in the oven directly on the rack for at least 40 minutes
- Fill up the jar most of the way with MCT coconut oil and replace the lid
- Heat up a pot of water on the stove
- When the water begins to boil, reduce the temperature to low/medium heat
- Place the mason jar in the simmering pot of water
- Allow the kief oil to simmer for approximately one hour
- Filter out the kief with a cheesecloth
- Pour the filtered Kier oil into a clean mason jar with a lid
Ditch the store-bought oils that are filled with unnatural ingredients, and replace them with this kief-infused canna oil. You can make brownies, cakes, capsules, and many other edibles with this special substance. Enjoy all the amazing benefits of cannabis in your meals, plus the extra pizazz that is provided from the kief!
I’d recommend bookmarking this post, and next time you have some questions about kief or you want to prepare some kief-infused oil, you will have a handy guide. Please check me out on YouTube (Ahleaf Cannabis) and subscribe to this blog for more simple & effective cannabis recipes and tips!
Meet the Author
Ahleaf was created to educate people on the benefits of cooking with cannabis and help make cannabis legal globally through education.Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!